1. ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS
CATEGORY OF SELECTION
- General Duty Medical Officers(GDMOs)
- as Captains (Male/Female)
- MBBS or equivalent qualifications recognized by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PM&DC).
28 years on 01 May 2012.
Relaxable upto 35 Years in case of better qualification / experience on the recommendations of the GHQ Selection Board.
CATEGORY OF SELECTION.
Classified Specialists as Major
- (a) Anaesthesiology (HPG) (Male/Female)
- (b) Pathology (HPG) (Male/Female)
- (c) Radiology (HPG) (Male/Female)
- (d) Basic Medicine Sciences (Male/Female)
- (e) Gynaecology (HPG) (Female)
MBBS with higher postgraduate qualifications i.e. MRCOG, FCPS (Pak), FRCS, MS American Boards/ Certificate or equivalent in respective fields of specialties.
32 years on 01 May 2012. Relaxable upto 40 Years in case of better qualification / experience on the recommendations of the GHQ Selection Board.
► Lower Postgraduate (MCPS, various Diplomas) qualified candidates shall be granted rank of Captain.
► Candidates qualified from Government Institutes shall be preferred.
(1) Male – Married/Unmarried
(2) Female – Married/Unmarried/Widow
Citizens of Pakistan and domicile holders of Azad Kashmir / Gilgit – Biltistan. Upon final selection candidates with dual nationality will have to surrender nationalities other than Pakistani.
- (1) Minimum Height
- (a) Male Candidates - 5’ – 4” (162.5 cm)
- (b) Female Candidates - 5 ‘ – 2” (157.5 cm)
- (2) Weight - As per the Body Mass Index
- a. Twice rejected by GHQ Selection Board for SSRC. (However, candidates attaining higher qualification shall be granted additional third chance).
- b. Declared medically unfit by concerned CMH / Appeal Medical Board.
- c. Individual withdrawn / resigned / discharged from Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force) training academies / institutions on the grounds of
- discipline,character, medical inefficiency, weak profile or declared unsuitable.
- d. Individuals dismissed / removed from any other government service.
- e. Convicted by a Court of Law for an offence involving moral turpitude.
REGISTRATION AND PRELIMINARY SELECTION PROCEDURE.
Candidates can either register through Internet or by visiting Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs).
Following procedure will be adopted.
REGISTRATION THROUGH INTERNET
A candidate can register on website www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk. Date and time of test shall be intimated on internet, for which the individual should have an e-mail account. Candidates will report on exact date and time given for preliminary test on computerized roll no slip. Date once given will not be changed. Candidates will also bring along documents mentioned in para 6 and will pay prospectus fee on the day of test. Candidates MUSTattain working knowledge of computer as registration and tests will be conducted on computers.
REGISTRATION AT AS&RCs
The candidates may report at nearest AS&RCs for registration / allotment of roll no alongwith necessary documents mentioned in para 6 and the prospectus fee for completion of registration formalities. The candidates will bring these documents on the day of test as well.
SCHEDULE OF REGISTRATION / PRELIMINARY TESTS
Registration and Preliminary Tests will held as per following schedule :-
05 – 25 January 2012
31 January – 03 February 2012
WRITTEN / INTELLIGENCE TESTS
Professional Written test and Intelligence / Personality tests based on multiple choice questions will be conducted at AS&RCs as per following schedule :-
(1) GDMOs – 31 January – 02 February 2012
(2) Specs (only Intelligence / Personality test) – 03 February 2012
Preliminary Medical Tests
The candidates will undergo initial medical test at AS&RCs.
Candidates who are selected by AS&RCs will be called for interview by GHQ Selection Board at Quetta, Karachi, Multan, Lahore, Rawalpindi and Peshawar. Medical examination of recommended candidates will be carried out at nearby CMHs. The final selection will be made at GHQ on the basis of candidate’s overall performance.
TRAINING PERIOD AT PMA / AFPGMI
22 weeks training at PMA and AFPGMI for male and female candidates respectively.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT AS&RCs
- a. Original certificates / detailed Marks Sheets alongwith two attested photocopies of each educational certificate / degree / diploma.
- b. Two attested photo copies of registration certificate of PM&DC for GDMOs, and Specialists
- c. Two attested photo copies of house job certificate, if already done.
- d. Candidates serving in Govt Institutions/ Departments will render No Objection Certificate of the concerned Establishment.
- e. Attested photo copy of domicile.
- f. Photo copy of Computerised National Identity Card.
- g. 6 x coloured photos duly attested (front and back).
- h. Crossed postal order of Rs. 100.00 in favour of Director General Personnel Administration (DGPA), GHQ Rawalpindi.
NOTE. Old National Identity Card will not be accepted.
Finally selected candidates will be required to sign a bond to serve the Army for a minimum period of 5 years. The applicability of bond will commence on successful completion of basic military training at AFPGMI Rawalpindi and PMA Kakul.
For further details visit
Nearest Army Selection and Recruitment Centres at Rawalpindi, Lahore,
Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta, Gilgit, Hyderabad and Multan.
Email your queries to: