Pakistan Military Rejects US Journalist's Claim

Pakistan Military Rejects US Journalist’s Claim

August 25, 2012

Pakistan Army has rejected the claim made by US journalist in his book that a Pakistani intelligence official tipped off the US about the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden, US magazine ‘Foreign Policy’ reports.

According to the magazine ‘Foreign Policy’, journalist Richard Miniter has claimed in his book that a senior colonel in Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) directorate walked into the US Embassy in Islamabad in December 2010, five months before the bin Laden raid, and told US officials about bin Laden’s whereabouts. The book also reports that the bin Laden compound was “carved out” of Abbottabad’s Kakul Military Academy and that senior Pakistani military officials may have been briefed on the raid in advance.

Major General Asim Saleem Bajwa, the recently appointed director general of Pakistan’s Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said that “This is a fabricated story,”. “Any such story will not have basis and is an attempt to malign Pakistan and Pakistan Army.”, the magazine added.

The tale implies that the ISI had some advance knowledge that bin Laden had been hiding in Abbottabad with several members of his family before the May 1, 2011, US raid, Bajwa said according to Foreign Policy magazine.

“You can find twists in [the Miniter story] to show as if Pakistan was helping terrorists, which is incorrect,” he said.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pakistan Military Rejects US Journalist’s Claim
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)

Tags:



One Response to Pakistan Military Rejects US Journalist’s Claim

  1. Yawar Kazmi on August 26, 2012 at 12:58 am

    If according to him Pakistan knew the raid in advance then why the heli. were steatlth? whom they wanted to hide from??? Its a pure Bullshit as always from them.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *